TR/ST (“Trust”) is yet another act that I discovered through KEXP and their track “Dressed For Space” is an excellent addition to my ongoing collection of songs to play loud.
- This is repetitive, catchy and really cheesy electronic music
- The loudness level is bordering the insane – subjectively, this appears to be the loudest album that I have in my collection (the fact that music can be produced and mastered this loud today remains simply astonishing to me).
- The lyrics are incomprehensible and don’t make a whole lot of (or probably ANY) sense. Try to avoid looking at them. Seriously. 😛
- Probably related to warning #3, the streaming quality is horrible and doesn’t do the audio justice (it kicks ass as a 320kbit MP3, but no online version will give you that quality, you’ll have to buy a download)
- This isn’t even the best track on the album (that would be “Shoom” IMHO, but it’s not as catchy)
- The official video probably needs to come with an epilepsy warning – but it is also one heck of a beautiful rush of color and it reminds me of certain old Amiga demos. 🙂
That said… the track is total fun, and obviously… must be played loud. 🙂
Have a nice Sunday, everyone!